Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PaceandCap.com Website is Down (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173068)

Ted Craven 10-26-2022 12:34 AM

PaceandCap.com Website is Down

In case anyone was trying to reach the PaceandCap.com Sartin Methodology website today, it has been offline most of the day during a vBulletin Board Forum software upgrade/migration.

Taking longer than expected :confused: but hopefully back in business tomorrow. RDSS software remains unaffected. If anyone needs to reach me about that and doesn't already have my email, feel free to send me a PM or email via PaceAdvantage.

Thanks!

Ted

Ted Craven 10-26-2022 06:31 AM

The site is back up again (albeit running very slowly). Time for more coffee ... :coffee:

Ted

BroadwayJoe 10-26-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 2837433)
The site is back up again (albeit running very slowly). Time for more coffee ... :coffee:

Ted

Ted, don't tell us it was a long time coming for an upgrade/update....

HTR went to this a few months ago and all I can say ..Its BAD!!!

Maybe you can get more out of it , so I'll be checking it out once your settled..

ranchwest 10-26-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 2837433)

Ted

I got this message:

Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

BroadwayJoe 10-26-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranchwest (Post 2837473)
I got this message:

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Yep....BAD!!!!

Ted Craven 10-26-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranchwest (Post 2837473)
I got this message:

Ranch, actually quite helpful! It points to updated vBulletin software demanding more Input/Output resources than before, and more than assigned traditionally to my shared server. Like if thousands of users were simultaneously viewing and interacting with stuff here on PA - it would be sluggish too.

Working on that now, thanks! Meanwhile, it does load, just more slowly than we need. You could put your today Selections up anyway :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe (Post 2837434)
Ted, don't tell us it was a long time coming for an upgrade/update....

HTR went to this a few months ago and all I can say ..Its BAD!!!

Maybe you can get more out of it , so I'll be checking it out once your settled..

Mike - yes! Constantly dodging the bullet over the years as my web host upgraded the PHP version from time to time. Finally - the wall :bang:, so upgraded to latest vBulletin Forum software, like HTR. It was the HTR site which gave me feel warm and fuzzy about upgrading - seems usually responsive to me whenever I browse it.

Got top men working on it ...

Ted

BroadwayJoe 10-26-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 2837508)

Mike - yes! Constantly dodging the bullet over the years as my web host upgraded the PHP version from time to time. Finally - the wall :bang:, so upgraded to latest vBulletin Forum software, like HTR. It was the HTR site which gave me feel warm and fuzzy about upgrading - seems usually responsive to me whenever I browse it.

Got top men working on it ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylJfYaYDCB8

Ted

HTR is keeping at its simplest form , maybe thats why its more responsive..

You, on the other hand, is loading it up as you had before...

Hope that works out

:ThmbUp:

ranchwest 10-26-2022 01:06 PM

Thanks, Ted. It is working, just a bit slowly. It's okay, I started online at 300 baud. lol Thanks for working on it.

Ted Craven 10-26-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranchwest (Post 2837534)
Thanks, Ted. It is working, just a bit slowly. It's okay, I started online at 300 baud. lol Thanks for working on it.

:D Those were the days - 300-1200 baud, circa 1980 for me!

Good luck at PARX today.

Ted

Ted Craven 10-26-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe (Post 2837529)
HTR is keeping at its simplest form , maybe thats why its more responsive..

You, on the other hand, is loading it up as you had before...

Hope that works out

:ThmbUp:

Not sure. Even the main page (though more Forums) loads slowly compared to HTR. Not even getting to posts and all the colourful screenshots, etc.

Damn those old PA Contest Forums and Meetup Forums for Saratoga and Del Mar :eek:

Ted

BroadwayJoe 10-26-2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 2837538)
Not sure. Even the main page (though more Forums) loads slowly compared to HTR. Not even getting to posts and all the colourful screenshots, etc.

Damn those old PA Contest Forums and Meetup Forums for Saratoga and Del Mar :eek:

Ted

Make sure to not lose my Winners Circle Pace and Cap picture!!

Dave Schwartz 10-26-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 2837536)
:D Those were the days - 300-1200 baud, circa 1980 for me!
Ted

And remember having to actually write the software for the modem?

Ack & Nack.

LOL

Ted Craven 10-26-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2837549)
And remember having to actually write the software for the modem?

Ack & Nack.

LOL

Lol, you beat me there Dave! I was only a remote terminal user, though a programmer beginning early 80s.

I prefer to pay others nowadays for stuff beyond my competence, though apparently I can't pay enough to get some things done ...

Ted

Tom 10-26-2022 03:02 PM

STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE

Dave Schwartz 10-26-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 2837554)
Lol, you beat me there Dave! I was only a remote terminal user, though a programmer beginning early 80s.

I prefer to pay others nowadays for stuff beyond my competence, though apparently I can't pay enough to get some things done ...

Ted

That is really so true.

After all these years and so much code, I actually hired a programming coach. It has lifted my code to an entirely new level.

It also causes me to cringe when I look at my old code.