Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Breeders' Cup longshots (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179222)

PhantomOnTour 10-31-2023 08:38 PM

Breeders' Cup longshots

Got a horse going off at double digit odds that you think can pull the upset?

I'm giving Tok Tok a shot on Friday in the Juvenile Turf, ML 20-1.
He got steadied a bit early last time at Kee and lost position into the 1st turn. Stayed inside, and just as he was hitting his stride in midstretch, he had to wait just a bit and alter course. Still, he gained in between runners in tight quarters all the way to the wire.
Heck, he even had a little trouble as he was galloping out past the leaders :D

Bred & owned by a top notch outfit and Motion has good results when he adds blinkers. Drawn well and hoping Johnny V finds smooth sailing.

coachv30 10-31-2023 09:58 PM

My Saturday longshots:

Main Track Races

Dirt Mile- National Treasure

FM SPRINT- Kirstenbosch

DISTAFF- Randomized (Not a longshot technically)

CLASSIC- Zandon, Clapton

SPRINT- Hoist the Gold

Haven't looked at the Turf yet....best of luck!

Robert Fischer 11-01-2023 08:48 AM

I'm trying to get the brain cpu to function and am behind schedule on health stuff but one 'impossible' long shot that bothered me was in the Juvenile.

I don't know if he's running 100% certain or even that I 100% have the right name / race / etc... but pretty sure

Ecoro Neo or whatever- in the Juvenile interests me for the simple facts that - he's shipping in from a well meant program, a bunch of those Japanese shippers are may be ugly underlays (or at best about fair price rather than more common overlooked gems), this guy is a long shot.
only 2 races lifetime. 1st race 11th or something? 2nd lifetime race was 2nd and to make matters more interesting for better/worse - I can't find the video of that race. Was the equivalent of a MSW (or possibly alw? but was not a stakes)...

If it was US and a non-super trainer he should be 50-1, but in this situation it interests me enough to fail (and maybe i stink or brain isn't working well?) at multiple searches for finding the replay.

haha = scratch =

just found that after spilling my guts

PhantomOnTour 11-01-2023 11:56 AM

Also going to take shot with Lindy in the Filly & Mare Turf off a 12-1 ML.
She ran 2nd to Blue Rose Cen twice this year (when BRC was looking like the best 3yr old filly in Europe).
Strong closer will get ample pace to run at. Hoping she gets a piece in a tough field that includes Inspiral and Warm Heart, among others.

deathandgravity 11-02-2023 05:40 PM

Classic
:10: Dreamlike closing out of the clouds

castaway01 11-03-2023 11:14 AM

Friday
Juvenile Turf Sprint: Givemethebeatboys 15-1

Juvenile Fillies Turf: Austere 12-1

Saturday
Filly and Mare Turf: With the Moonlight 20-1

Turf Mile: Exaulted 20-1

rastajenk 11-03-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathandgravity (Post 2911717)
Classic
:10: Dreamlike closing out of the clouds

That would be interesting

burnsy 11-03-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2911466)
Also going to take shot with Lindy in the Filly & Mare Turf off a 12-1 ML.
She ran 2nd to Blue Rose Cen twice this year (when BRC was looking like the best 3yr old filly in Europe).
Strong closer will get ample pace to run at. Hoping she gets a piece in a tough field that includes Inspiral and Warm Heart, among others.

You beat me to it . I like her for the same reasons you stated. I’ll also add , third start in this country …..probably planned …..stretching out in increments to hopefully peak tomorrow.
Dangerous Walsh /Gaffalione connection .

Gets more weight on its back now cause a few of us like her :lol:
Hopefully she remains close to morning line odds.

PalaceOfFortLarned 11-03-2023 11:56 AM

Friday
R5: :6: Starlust
R6: :8: Esprit Enchante
R9: :6: Stay Hot

Good luck everyone!:jump:

bisket 11-03-2023 01:51 PM

The dirt mile has an interesting race shape. For a 1 mile race there's no grade 1 speed in the race. National Treasure, Charge It, Skippylongstocking, and Zozos seem to run their best when they can lead or stay close to a soft pace. Cody's Wish seems a little off form and could be vulnerable. Algiers might be a surprise too. I might go with a 3 horse exacta box picking from those 5. I'll look at will pays and take some time to really look at them tonight.

bisket 11-03-2023 02:04 PM

I'm leaning against Charge It because he seems to like 1 turn and Belmont particularly. He loves those long 1 turn races at Belmont.

PalaceOfFortLarned 11-03-2023 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisket (Post 2911825)
The dirt mile has an interesting race shape. For a 1 mile race there's no grade 1 speed in the race. National Treasure, Charge It, Skippylongstocking, and Zozos seem to run their best when they can lead or stay close to a soft pace. Cody's Wish seems a little off form and could be vulnerable. Algiers might be a surprise too. I might go with a 3 horse exacta box picking from those 5. I'll look at will pays and take some time to really look at them tonight.

I believe Algiers has SCR'd.

bisket 11-03-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned (Post 2911830)
I believe Algiers has SCR'd.

If it’s down to 7 horses it might just be an exacta box. Skippy is growing on me the more I look at it.

castaway01 11-03-2023 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01 (Post 2911792)
Friday
Juvenile Turf Sprint: Givemethebeatboys 15-1

Juvenile Fillies Turf: Austere 12-1

Saturday
Filly and Mare Turf: With the Moonlight 20-1

Turf Mile: Exaulted 20-1

Exaulted scratched

How about Proxy at 12-1 in the Classic? I like him to at least get in the money.

bisket 11-03-2023 05:19 PM

Stage Raider has moved forward since he left Chad Brown. He likes to run inside and save all the ground. He got shuffled back on the turn last out against Zozos. Another improvement....? Cody's Wish doesn't get pace help. He hasn't looked as good last 2 races with lots of excuses and stands to be overbet. I might be inclined to take a big swing here... If you like Zozos you have to like Stage Raider.