Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Portal is wrecking college sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182263)

46zilzal 04-25-2024 04:00 PM

Portal is wrecking college sports

Don't even know the teams season to season

Rutgers 05-02-2024 11:59 AM

Unregulated NIL money/deals/collectives are ruining college sports. Most of the newsworthy portal transfer moves are NIL driven.

Even though only about half the kids in the portal find a new school, most of the kids find a better situation for themselves, whether it's a player moving to a lower division or another program within the level getting more playing time, or a player moving up to a level or program because they developed in college.

While it was a little painful to watch Cam Spencer win a title with Uconvict, I mean UConn, while RU struggled, the transfer portal helped him have a great career-even if it was across 3 different schools. (Just as some people have great business careers working for different companies)

College athletes only have 5 years to play 4 (or with Covid 6 to play 5), the portal allows them to make the most out of that quick, once in a lifetime window.

baconswitchfarm 05-03-2024 12:03 PM

Kentucky had zero players three weeks ago. They now have a top ten or twenty team all from the portal. It is the new one year rent a team future.

wisconsin 05-08-2024 05:29 PM

Personally, there should be a one move only rule when it comes to the portal. Players should be forced to choose wisely.

maddog42 05-09-2024 02:50 PM

OU Quarterback

Former OU Quarterback Dillon Gabriel reportedly received "7 figures to attend Oregon."

kingfin66 05-09-2024 07:13 PM

That's pretty much going rate for a starting QB in FBS.

Inner Dirt 05-10-2024 05:51 PM

When I was a kid just before Curt Flood upset the apple cart I probably had every MLB roster memorized. Now with all the player movements I can't keep up. It also seems there are constant rule changes when those used to be rare. I gave up trying to keep up with the Nascar playoff format, it seems like they change that every year now.

ElKabong 05-13-2024 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog42 (Post 2944499)
Former OU Quarterback Dillon Gabriel reportedly received "7 figures to attend Oregon."

I'm preaching to a choir here (you are/ was an ou fan), but Arnold has a bright future with the land thieves. If Arnold wasn't there ou would have outbid uo.

As a Texas guy I respected Gabriel. Excellent qb but from what I read he's not projected as a top nfl type prospect (I think he sticks on a roster for years). He's grabbing $ while he can. Can't blame him