Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Selections (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Beat the Chalk at 2-1 or less...ie...throw-outs from win spot (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123120)

sammy the sage 12-10-2016 06:44 PM

well...JV...went to THE front...and that was that...ouch

sammy the sage 12-17-2016 07:26 AM

12/17 at gulfstream...current record 29-17 against the chalk

Today...going against 3 Pletchers...which is crazy IN Fla. esp.!

5th..#6 Genre 9/5 ML...she might not even be the fastest here...plus another Pletcher as well.

7th..#6 Keen Ice 9/5 ML...again more Pletchers...plus this seem like a shake-out race for the Pegasus...a bit short for the "Ice"...and he's a plodder anyways...

10th..#9 Sandiva 2/1ML...will be bet lower w/JC aboard...but can't help but feel this horse has tailed off...has had some scratches/problems??? too...plus I like 2 bombs in here...enough to make a play against!

ps...not a pick & not counting either way...but wouldn't be surprised/shocked to see Cal. Chrome lose the paid work-out today...not touching the race tho...

sammy the sage 12-17-2016 07:04 PM

3-0 today...but not really...the 10th...#9 was NOT the big favorite despite the connections...lot's of big time players saw what I did...so...taking the high road here...and not counting...

The big thing tho...several OTHERs that went off at less than 2-1...and did NOT try and beat...that's the secret...when and when NOT to beat THE so-called unbeatables...so 2-0 today...31-17...so far...this year

sammy the sage 12-18-2016 04:49 PM

wow...California Chrome...not even breaking a sweat yesterday!!!

Today 12/18...a different story...at L.A...7th race...#4 California Diamond...1/1ML...think he turns into Coal going longer...couple of these could jump up...meanwhile...he needs a break...will take a stab against today!

sammy the sage 01-16-2017 07:27 AM

finished on posted picks against at 32-17...66%...not too bad on a situation where normally the chalk wins at 60-70% clip...depending on field size, ect....the holy grail was 70% against...which was accomplished the 1st year!

for today...MLK 1/16/17...got 2 to take a stand against...

Aqua...5th...#6 Stallwalkin Dude 4/5 ML...a complete hunch here...DJ runs 'em the lemon is dry...might be that time....plus thinking...not much early zip here to help his cause....

S.A...7th...#6 Tiz a Kiss 2/1 ML...thinking NF turf...and race set-up does her in...

sammy the sage 01-21-2017 09:02 AM

2-0 starting 2017....got one today...50/50....she might scratch???

would be in the 10th at FG...75 stakes...#10 I'm a chatterbox 8/5 ML...if runs...probably 3/5...towers over this field figurewise...BBBBuuuuuuuutttttttt....is scheduled for grass...will 95% chance come off and be muddy...either way...if she doesn't scratch...will be against here...1st time either way...and this race is OBVIOUSLY just a work-out...so not fully cranked in my book...there are a couple here that have run well on muddy...and some w/much better wet track breeding...will take a stand against her today...

sammy the sage 01-28-2017 10:00 AM

Well she did scratch...so onward for today 1/28...Trainer Bob Baffert has had fate treat him VERY cruelly in the past...and also BEEN very kind as well lately...as for today...50/50 on Arrogate...just going to watch...

that written...am going to take swing against in the feature at S.A. 9th #7 Coils Gold 2/1 ML...think being over-bet here...plus work-outs not exactly BB's normal blazing type...perhaps he's changing his style...will be against to find out...

sammy the sage 01-28-2017 08:00 PM

Glad I stayed away from GS betting...but a what performance Arrogate...

now 3-0 on the year as the other baffert ran dead last at S.A....til next time

sammy the sage 02-04-2017 07:26 AM

6th race at GS...#4 Pretty City Dancer...7/5 ML...a classic case of class VS figures...but the classy horse won 5 months ago and then missed some highly profitable races if truly THAT good...yes going against THIS trainer at GS is normally not a good idea...but am going to take my chances...

There is also a 50/50 shot the ML is off...other's might get strong play...and she might drift up....if not the favorite....all picks and bets are off...which has happened before...

sammy the sage 02-04-2017 08:09 AM

for today 2/4/17...adding 8th at S.A..#1..Hoppertunity...2/1 ML...game and most of the time outclassed...here he seems to have a class advantage and the works have been stellar for Mr. Baffert....but I think Mr. B's OTHER entry has more up-side...as does another in here....and you have a trainer who seems to have discovered a NEW water/hay/oats jump-up feed (if you will..catch my drift)....so w/3 here I think gotta shot...will leave "Hop" off THE top...

sammy the sage 02-05-2017 08:32 AM

For the record...both went off at 2nd choice...not favored...pcd still went at 2/1 ..while hop went at 5/2...

actual picks against 1-1
if just using 2/1 criteria 1-0
if must be favorite as well...0-0

any input as to how to score this would be appreciated...as no final parameter's set in stone...

best guess would be if figuring multi-race sequences you would've been against both...and been 1-1 on the bet against...

lamboguy 02-05-2017 09:22 AM

i went against the chalk in the 9th at Gulfstream and he destroyed me yesterday. i knew the horse was good and going to get bet, my horse broke poorly and finished 4th.

sammy the sage 02-11-2017 07:14 AM

4-1 so far 2017...for sat...2/11...

Tampa feature Davis 10th...#8 McCraken 2/1 ML... is not fully cranked...and even if he was...there are a couple in here that might would beat him anyways...then again...they might not be fully cranked either...ah...what a game...trainer intent :bang: :rolleyes: :eek:

and at the great race place S.A. 4th...#6 Vale Dori 1/5 ML...Baffert doesn't do nearly as well with THE ladies...(ie...horses)...keeping them fresh and all...last works not inspiring....will be against today....

sammy the sage 02-11-2017 10:10 PM

might have to stick to THAT angle play http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=135795

4-3 now as both Fav's rolled off...easily....What was I thinking.... :(

sammy the sage 02-18-2017 06:43 AM

2/18..Oaklawn 9th feature race...#2 Terra Promessa 6/5 ML...will be against her today...won't be up front so easily and last was an explosion on figs...can you say bounce?...maybe... maybe not...but I actually like another here from a handicapping point of view....so will take a stand against her on top..