Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #67
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. There would be a decrease by whales betting with rebates and I doubt that the regulars would significantly hike their action due to a 2-5% cut. The belief is that bettors who have avoided racing because of the high rates would be drawn in by the lower rates. Perhaps some would see an opportunity but I doubt many would make the commitment to become horseplayers.
Alton is right...it is more difficult to hit exotics, so the take- out should be equal to OR LESS than straight wagers....the tracks ARE hiding behind the larger payouts...its not right when you think about it...we have always just looked the other way, shrug our shoulders and say "oh well, that's just how it is...it is time to change...Ritvo is right, without the customer, we got nothing....AND the customer WANTS only 15% take-out maximum on ALL wagers, regardless of how they are structured....whether or not THEY listen AND implement downward movement in take-out rates remains to be seen.....they know what WE want.....

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 06-13-2017 at 06:43 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most