Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #15
pandy

Just my personal opinion, I've always felt that Baffert used illegal methods or substances. His success is simply too good to be true and his past is certainly suspect. He had 7 horses drop dead in a pretty short period of time, and most of them were just standing still when the fell and died. And that was because of a drug he was giving them. Justify looked like a juiced horse, and he was. Anyone with half a brain knew that Mark McGwire was juiced when he all of a sudden turned into Babe Ruth. Sometimes, it's obvious, and in my opinion, it's obvious that Baffert is a cheater.

Just buying the best-bred horses helps but his horses consistently run sensational races. Arrogate's mind-blowing Travers win and his win in Dubai simply looked like a juiced horse, and Baffert's horses often run crazy big races like that. If you compare him to Pletcher, as an example, Pletcher also gets the best bred expensive horses, and he also wins a lot of races, but his horses rarely turn in sensational out-of-their-mind performances. Pletcher's results are hard to question, they are in line with expectations. Baffert's are not. Yet many people believe that somehow Baffert is a much better trainer than everyone else, which isn't likely. There's only so much a trainer can legally do to make a horse run its best.

Last edited by pandy; 05-27-2020 at 09:42 AM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)