Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #22
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30 View Post
I'm gonna use a form of Dutching for a while at Pocono based off of the morning line odds. I will play 50% of the field in races with 7 or more runners.

My strategy is to wager an amount that will return at least $50 off of the morning line odds. Some races will have more than $50 wagered, so I'm hoping that the swing in odds from the public influence can lead to profit. I will track outcomes and post results.

Wagers will be returned on scratched horses. The % of change from my initial bankroll, will determine my winnings goal per race in the next card. For example, my starting bankroll is $1000. At the end of tonight if I am at $1500 (50% increase), then my goal next card will be to win $75 off of the ML odds.
Coach let me offer some unsolicited comments.
Unless you have data to the contrary, a dutch play may be more successful using the win probabilities established as close to post time as possible.

I run those probabilities starting a 4 min to post.

I always convert the win probabilities to the true estimate that is (1/(odds+1)/booking %)

You say you play 50% of the field based on the number of horses in the race.
Try betting no more than 50% of the win pool probabilities.

I use the true estimated probabilities as my bet size, the $1 return is the same as $1 return on dutch play.

I do go a step further. I used the true estimated probabilities to make an exacta betting matrix. there is more to this if interested.

Good luck

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)