Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #213
proximity

day 5 (thurs): missing at the linq??

ok poker fans we're back in las vegas for day number five of our gambling adventure and this morning's action finds us pursuing the quest for rewards at the linq.

what's missing at the linq?

profits.

at the blackjack table I fall behind and stay behind to suffer my first 21 loss on the trip (-$89) while at the slots it's business as usual (-$19).

after a relaxing afternoon at blu pool I kickoff the night's poker action over at the pink bird in 1-2 nl company.

it's another frustrating outing. i'm not getting any cards but i'm hanging in there and raise with qj suited.

q9 off calls this raise and I fire three streets at a t94 54 board. the villain almost folds the turn but hangs in to make the call and I make a mistake on the river by just not betting enough. maybe he would have called anyhow and I would've lost more? I don't know but I should've bet more. the game breaks and I lose $56.

I decide to try some 1-2 at bally's and it's the same lousy cards as at flamingo.

with AK in the big blind i'm facing a few limps until the cutoff raises to
$12 with the small blind calling.

I reraise to $32 and the $12s fold but one of the limpers calls the $30 and we take a flop of T82 heads up.

I fire $60 at this pot and the villain goes in the tank for like five minutes. so long that i'm shocked that no one called clock, but they didn't and eventually he folds. I hang on to win $51 in this game so it's a $5 poker loss for the day. not bad for getting zero cards but I still think it could've been a win had I bet more on the river at flamingo. live and learn.

thank you for reading.

quest -108 (+492)
poker
--flamingo -56
--bally's +51
----trip -183 (2-6)

Last edited by proximity; 08-18-2017 at 01:12 PM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)