Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 01:39 AM   #224
proximity

day 11 (wed): how bout them cowgirls?.....

ok poker fans, special thanks to all of you who have been following the trip and we'll wrap up the las vegas action with one final day and night of hold em excitement!!

we kickoff the action at Bellagio where we're in 4/8 (1/2 kill) company. the cards are SO bad here that I only play one hand in the first 90 minutes of the game.... a KT. but KT's winner and i'm winning in the game!! 33 loses but j9s flops a straight! AJ flops top two but looks like it's going to lose to a flush when i'm raised on the turn. AJ's good though and i'm up $100 and eventually quit with an $84 win.

over at harrah's I grind out $28 in 1/2 no limit company and leave when the game starts to get short. i'm starting to get tired and I wonder if I should call it a night and checkout their topless cowgirl show? I remember wanting to do this last year too but never did.

over at the flamingo I win my first hand with 99 and eventually retire up $33.

down at the venetian there are $500 high hands and the room's pretty busy. this is a pretty nice poker room but it's back to business as usual with the cards. flop top pair, lose to high hand.... rinse and repeat. with KQ I raise and i'm leading on a Q 7 5 rainbow flop. king on the turn. ace on the river. villain: JT.

I don't say anything but for some reason a kid needs to make his opinion known. "it's 4/8 and she had overs....."

overs?

he's about to get power-slammed through the table.

one final hand: KK I raise and small blind flops a set of 2s.

minus one hundred at venetian.

that should be it. I should be over at the harrah's cowgirl show (which I think I could actually get a free ticket for since I have a diamond card) but we can't leave vegas on a losing game.

final stop: 1/2 nl at caesars.

I make a bad play here when I turn an ace and pay off $30 on a board with two jacks. next I raise JJ and a donkey with $90 calls with Q7 and flops a queen. so it's a bad start. I hang around to win some hands but can never make much headway as the bad players begin to leave the game. it's getting late, i'm exhausted, and have to get up to checkout of the hotel and head to the airport.

for 2017, las vegas has beaten me.

thank you for reading.

poker
--Bellagio +84
--harrahs +28
--flamingo +33
--venetian -100
--caesars -143
----trip -740 (10-15)

Last edited by proximity; 09-04-2017 at 01:40 AM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)