Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 10:05 PM   #7531
HalvOnHorseracing

[QUOTE=boxcar;2352047]But even with the 100 or so denominations, in many cases the differences in doctrine are relatively minor. For example, Baptists believe in baptism by immersion; whereas, Presbyterians believe in baptism by sprinkling. Or again, Baptists believe in believer's only baptism once someone comes to saving faith; whereas Presbyterians, because of the views they have of the relationship between the Old and New Covenants, hold to covenantal baptism of infants which to their mind is analogous to Old Covenant circumcision of male babies, etc., etc.
None of these differences, in my opinion, are serious; for they do not impact the Gospel or any Rule for Living. (Just as a personal aside, I hold to the traditional Baptist view of baptism, but I attend a conservative Presbyterian church.)[Quote]

I didn't get through it all, but I hope you didn't ignore the snake handler sects.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom