Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 02:25 PM   #22
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Jeff P, I'm a little fuzzy on the workings of merging, but Im pretty sure that place and show money have no impact on win prices.

How could it?

Merging consolidates LIKE position money, Top horse in EX,TRI,SUPER, etc.

As I said, Im not up to speed on the details, but I believe that's correct .
I agree. Also like this aspect quite a bit (exactly what I proposed in a post a while back).

from the drf article Jeff linked

The system would allow bettors to place wagers that are akin to Wall Street plays, such as limit orders. For example, a bettor could place a $100 win wager on a horse, but the bet would be accepted only if the horse’s odds remained above a certain price, say, 5-1, at the time betting closed. Bettors could even designate portions of a large bet to go into the pool at different prices.

-----------------------------

If I am understanding correctly (and I very well may not be) they are basically just ironing out inefficiencies in various pools(horse is 2-1 on top in the win pool, 3-1 on top in the trifecta pool, 4-1 on top in the exacta pool and the algo adjusts all the prices to reflect say a blended 3-1 in all pools. For the most part it is probably something whales are going to do in the closing seconds anyhow (at a point other bettors cannot take adavantage) so in my eyes it is probably a good thing, provided we don't see a takeout hike to pay for it. Obviously I need a lot clearer understanding how it works than the drf article gave to really give an intelligent decision, so this is just an initial reaction for me.

Last edited by Poindexter; 08-14-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)