Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 02:05 AM   #27
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

I've cut way back...really only the big days now...for fun, not to make money, but just to take a shot and maybe get lucky and walk away with $500 more than I started with....sure it is a great game, but one that seems to require large amounts of TIME to master...to be truly involved with, to follow...to KNOW THY HORSES well...you see, though, I started getting jaded...all the ways we get nickeled and dimed and dollared, the rake here, the breakage there...the short fields, the whales, the bots, and who really knows the depth of the inside game being waged by the horsemen themselves...there are so many ways to just lose a race....and so very often I see horses make the lead, and the rest don't even seem to try...but besides all that I just came to the conclusion that, yep, I was just another mark who worked for the track even though he wasn't an employee... All that grinding and churning, over and over, pouring winnings back into losings...and all the while you know that the industry IS supported by the betting...by guys like you and I...making everybody's wages...making THEIR paychecks....!
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)