Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #4613
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...God shouldn't be playing these "don't do as I do, do as I tell you" games. If God expects us to love those who hate us...then God should abide by the same standards. Otherwise...it's like the parent who tells his kid not to take drugs, while the parent grabs the cocaine needle at every opportunity.

As the man said, "I can't hear a word that you say...because your actions keep screaming loudly in my ear".
Your analogy fails miserably because God doesn't do drugs -- nor any sin for that matter.

We are to love our neighbor (even those who don't love us) because God first loved us -- when we weren't worthy of his love at all! God knows all men's hearts; we do not. And in God's infinite wisdom he has chosen to USE his covenant people (all of whom are not perfect by any means!) as the means to bring other sinners into a saving, covenant relationship with Him.

Moreover, what you conveniently overlook is the unconditional, qualitative nature of God's love. If we didn't love our unworthy enemies just as God loved his unworthy elect when they were in a state of enmity against him then we would not be emulating God.

Thirdly, Christians don't get to share in God's divine prerogatives. The cattle on a thousand hills are not ours. The heavens and the earth are not ours. We did not make them, etc. Nor are we law-givers, only God is, etc., etc. There are boundaries we should not cross because God is God and man is...well but the dust of earth created by Him.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most