Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #43
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
I haven't heard anyone in this thread say that "horse racing has nothing to do with class'", nor have I myself ever made such a statement, so there is no argument here to be on an opposite side of in that statement. I would never say that class should be totally eliminated from one's handicapping as if it had nothing to do with racing. What I did point out is that under certain circumstances, the collective evidence of other major factors can overcome a traditional notion of class.

What I believe cj was saying that in certain cases, such as statebred racing, the class difference between Finger Lakes and Belmont is not as great as many people with traditional mind sets believe and Finger Lakes horses should be evaluated on all factors when they come to Belmo and not just eliminated on the basis of class.
I'll tell you what...let's you and I work on a little homework assignment. You can gather some more examples of horses of various class levels who have successfully made the jump from Finger Lakes to the Aqueduct/Saratoga/ Belmont circuit...and I'll come up with examples of seemingly off-form horses who have "come to life" when they make the transition from the major NY circuit, to Finger Lakes. And then we can put this "track-class" question to bed for good.

Let me ask you something, bobphilo:

You started this thread by congratulating Cj for his superior figure-making...because Cartwheelin Lulu had the top TFUS speed figure, and was tied for the top pace in the Gimma Stakes. And now you've come back to tell us that you had made a mistake...and that there were other horses in that race that had even BIGGER ratings than Cartwheelin Lulu. Seeing that you seem to be a little careless in your handicapping endeavors...how confident are you in the accuracy of your Finger Lakes/Belmont "track-class comparison"?

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-21-2018 at 11:17 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)