Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 03:29 AM   #25
lamboguy

i live in the northeast and to paint with Behr just doesn't cut the mustard for outdoor painting. the house next door to me used the Home Depot paint 5 years ago. in the winter, the gutters sometimes freeze and the water drips down and forces icicles on the side of the house. sometimes the shingles crack and you need to replace them.

the boxes that i used to buy were 25 foot squared and come from Canada. i think that most of the price increase was from the tariffs that were put on their wood a few years ago.

also i think Lowe's has their own paint that is pretty good. as good as Benjamin Moore and California paint are, sometimes you need to use 2 coats to do a good job because the paint is thin especially for their indoor paint. i have been using Behr and a coat of primer first for some of the interior work in my house and have no problem with it so far. the premier paint has a primer in it. also in case you are painting outdoor steps, you are better off using an oil base paint, latex will chip and wear to fast no matter what brand you use.

generally speaking, the quality of most things you buy at Home Depot is not as good as independent places like plumbing supply houses and electrical. but they do get better sometimes like they got rid of General Electric hot water heaters and now carry Breen. they carry some decent windows now too, i think that brand is Jeld-Wen. i think those windows are much better than Anderson's.

i like buying appliances at Costco even though they charge more than the other places because they give a longer warranty and they are easier to deal with when you have to return things, none of these new appliances last that long these days due to all the digital bullshit. the Costco stuff seems to last longer than Best Buy or Home Depot, but that might just be my imagination.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.