Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 10:14 PM   #284
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
That is just awful. I know this kind of thing has happened before...I can never bring myself to watch the videos that exist of this kind of accident...I can't imagine.

I know tracks are supposed to have sirens that go off when there is a loose horse during training hours...and I would assume jocks are supposed to stop their horses such that if the loose horse comes at them, the loose horse will instinctually avoid the stationary horse.

Maybe this one happened so suddenly it couldn't be avoided?
The clocker sounds a siren in the morning. The stewards during races. 99x out of 100 the loose horse swerves.....but adrenaline makes it dicey..experienced horsemen say NEVER try to wave down a loose horse wearing blinkers...some jocks-bad riders-just have NO idea what's going on around them and will ride head-on into a loose horse..i once saw a jock so stupid and greedy that the dude kept sticking and driving through the narrow gap between gate and rail after the tractor had failed to start and a two-turn race had been declared no contest...guy must have thought it was an obstacle race..in fact, i once ran second for employee of the year to one of the gate crew who risked his life jumping in front of some idiotic pinhead who tried that same stunt...bravo and more power to him...but i could have used the 5 hundred...

Last edited by mountainman; 02-24-2024 at 10:18 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)