Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 12:20 AM   #81
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I guess some do. But for people playing at home, which is large, it would still be wise to have a good announcer. You took my use of the word "simulcast" too literally. There are many ways to watch and bet races these days.
Mostly at the simos I have attended the announcer is heard only to call the race for a minute or two and maybe briefly early for changes. Other than that, the feeds are muted...I have tried to adjust the volume on some of the monitors higher, but inevitably THAT causes other players to object who want quiet in order to concentrate..

...needless to say the feeds from the track leave much that is desired...the integration of the announcer, paddock profile, post parade and warm-ups with other media and racing professionals similar to what we see in Hong Kong racing venues is the frontier that is most in need of crossing...

Apparently, tracks do not seek to spend additional funds to support such fan-based perks and services...they must view it as a drag on their bottom line....
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)