Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
Teach

Pick-6 Thoughts:

I don’t normally look specifically at just the Pick-6, but with a 3-day carryover and the potential for a Huuuuuge payoff (Wouldn’t you like to be the only one), I’ll dissect the last six races with some suggested (everyone’s a free agent) strategies. In fact, I know several horseplayers who work the Pick-6, backwards; I do that myself, sometimes.

Race Four:

I see this race as having the possibility of knocking out a lot of people. That’s the last thing I, for one, wants to happen. I’m going with the four horses. The ones I posted earlier (that’s HOPONTHEBUSGUS, not “GET”) along with , , . Bottom line: As my friend “Bucko” would say, “In this race, it’s time to ‘buy insurance’”.

Race Five:

I’m gonna try and narrow it here. Two horses: my picks: BLUEGRASS SINGER with MARKET SENTIMENT. I like Rick Violette, Jr.; he’s an excellent trainer, esp. with horses that have been on the shelf for prolonged periods of time. My only concern is (nothing personal): Can the apprentice, Hector Diaz, Jr., get the job done? If Diaz performs up to his capabilities, this horse is “a player”.

Race Six:

I believe there are two horses here. My top pick, HONOR UP and the Todd Pletcher entrant with Johnny V. in the irons, AUDIBLE.

Race Seven:

PORTFOLIO MANAGER is my top pick, along with SHADOW RIDER; he’s been so consistent, lately. And as a “saver,” a medium-longshot: FORGE.

Race Eight:

If you’re still alive, it’s white-knuckles, nitty-gritty time. Four down and two to go. I personally believe it’s two horses here: BROKEN ENGAGEMENT and CAN YOU DIGGIT (Yes, I Can).

Race Nine:

By now, if you’re alive, your heart’s probably racing. You may need a little libation to calm your nerves. I’ve chosen ORMULU LU. But she has to draw in. We won’t know that until tomorrow. As my alternative, I’ve picked the SUBIC BAY. I like Luis Saez on the grass. George Weaver’s a solid trainer.

So, this is how I’ve conditioned, as matters now stand (not knowing the scratches), my Pick-6 ticket:
R4: , , ,
R5: ,
R6: ,
R7: , ,
R8: ,
R9: ,
As always, I wish you the best of luck.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement