Final Score
Speed
Form
Pace
Class
Intangible

- are in Columns A - H respectively, in a Sheet named Data -

- make a new Sheet named (e.g.) 'Sort'. In Cell A1 enter the following formula:

=SORT(Data!A:H,n) -- where 'n' is the column number you want to sort by. Your data found in the sheet Data will appear in the Sort sheet sorted by the column you are interested in.

For example, to sort by Final Score, use =SORT(Data!A:H,3) (if Final Score is the 3rd column)

You can spice it up a bit by putting the column # to sort by in a cell (say, I1) then use the formula =SORT(Data!A:H,$I$1). That way you can sort by your different factors by changing the sort column number in Cell I1.

If you factors are calculated such that highest value = best, then add the sort direction to your formula: =SORT(Data!A:H,$I$1, -1) for Descending order (highest to lowest). For the reverse order, omit the 3rd argument, or else use 1 (=SORT(Data!A:H,$I$1, 1.

Throw some random colours in there and now you're an Excel genius! (Not sure about a Google Sheets genius ...)

Good luck!

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.