Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 10:19 AM   #47
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Best of luck Ellis, one of the true good guys in my book.
Thank you mike, and apologies for just responding now. Five days and nights in Vegas can take it's toll and I'm just now back on eastern time.

For those that don't follow me on Twitter @Ubercapper (where I posted a shorter version), here's my story.

The goal is to make the cut to the top 10% which get $10K or more, this year that was 77th place. The score is usually in the $170 range and this year was no different.

Given I have a full time job which I really like as it allows me to engage with racing fans of all skill levels, I play in a lot less qualifiers than many others, but more than some.

Still, I got lucky and double qualified (the max entries is two) for the first time which is better than having one entry and it is similar to most qualifying contests, as well as the ones Jim Goodman (from Keeneland) puts on all winter at the Red Mile (on TB races), which serve as great practice for the NHC. Having had a good run and winning four of the first eight of those, plus the two qualifiers, I felt good going into the NHC.

My first day goal was $100 and I was very close at $96, leading to 52nd place among 766 entries. I had very few plays early on day 2 and drifted back to 100th but hit a 12 to 1 shot I liked, along with a couple of place horses, to be in 37th with $154. I still had five optional plays and three mandatory plays and needed about $20 to make the cut.

Alas, I did not add another point to my total on those eight races, and finished 137th. So although I was ahead of more than 600 other entries on my best ticket, that was that.

I had some great conversations with people at the event and will spend some time reviewing the horses I chose from in those eight races to learn from the experience.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)