Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #4
Gold Medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
It's a fun alternative to have and at times you can snag a good price, but the people/bots are pretty sharp. I suppose the best value would be if you don't like a low-odds horse and can "lay" that horse, but then that's true in the mutual pools too.

The betting during the race is also fun, but again, you have to be lightning fast and I found that faster people than me were sucking the value out. I have heard some here say they wait for a horse to run off before the race, then cover all the bets on that horse. The problem is, you're going to be laying a lot of 40-1 and 60-1 bets. You only need to be wrong once to wipe out your profits for a long while.

If you're a straight, grind-it-out win bettor AND they cover your tracks AND you don't bet big, you're probably getting better odds than in the mutual pools. If you like exotic wagering or multi-race bets (which happen to be my favorites) then exchange wagering offers no value.
Thanks for all the good info
Gold Medal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most