Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #31
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
Has anybody noticed how difficult it is to get specs on anything? I swear it's a conspiracy. On more than half the "Top laser printers of 2017" there are no specs on consumption. I went to the websites of Canon and Dell I believe, and it's a labyrinth of useless information. The printer I have now has the magnetic memory strip on it to let you know when the inkjet is empty. I started refilling them and I had to override the printer because if that strip said it was out=it did NOT want to print. This is the conspiracy. Buy a cheap as dirt printer and pay out the ass for ink. I'm getting this Brother printer and am going to scan my face and send it to every member of PA! I got the ink! LOL!
Just a note to remind everyone that ink and toner are two completely different things. Ink cartridges go in an inkjet printer and toner cartridges go in a laser printer. You will get much more page yield with a laser printer (toner) than with an inkjet printer (ink cartridge). And laser printers use a fuser assy (applies heat and pressure to the toner on the page to adhere the toner onto the page) and a drum assy. Brother printers use a separate drum and toner cartridge while some other manufacturers use an integrated drum/toner assy as 1 replaceable part.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)