Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #38
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
I'm in the market for a printer too, and I read a lot of the reviews for the Brother printers.

One of the biggest complaints is that even though you might have 500 pages left in ink, the printer will tell you it's time to get a new cartridge or whatever and it won't let you override. You just can't print until you install a new cartridge.

In one of the reviews someone found a complicated way around it, but it's still a pain. Like one guy said, "if I have ink left let me use it. If I don't want to buy toner now I shouldn't have to."

Other complaints were faulty wireless connections that had to be reconfigured every time you got disconnected. Page creases. And a few others that I can't remember.

They did seem to agree that Brother had good customer service though, and I think that for the money you probably can't beat their product.

Whatever you decided to do Cincy, let us know how it works out.
Will do Barn32. I've looked around for 3 days and have made my mind up. I don't want ink because I was considering an Epson. I want toner and laser and color and high output. Just ordered this an hour ago.

http://www.brother-usa.com/printer/m...ll8250cdn/spec

For the price and the specs I don't think this can be beat. $250. All the stores in this city are out of stock and even Amazon only had a handful left. So it's not just me zeroing in on this.

I've needed to do this for a long time. I can play off computers fine. In fact the next priority will be to stock up on laptop batteries and get a smaller laptop I can take with me to the track since there isn't any power access hardly at all! I still like handicapping with past performances. I do that first then everything else. I can't be worrying about ink all the time. Having 4K toner cartridges will make that a non issue and replacements are but $55. It'll be a pain in the ass to have to punch holes and bind this up but the end product will be my own handicapping book for the day. Am kind of digging the concept. Change is not easy. I've been pissed off since derby day when I found out the distributor cut all ties to outlets for the form and only DRF you could buy was at the track. Across town 17 miles from me. The other thing I like is don't PP's come out 2 days in advance? I could handicap a Saturday card on Thursday night or most of it then finish up on Friday without spending most of the evening doing it. I like that.

Anyway will keep you all in the loop! Thanks again everybody.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)