Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: War of Will
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #11
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Based on just pedigree? What am i missing on this one? Even when he was winning he beat nobody and his times were slow.
I have just always liked this horse from day 1 first time I saw him. Tossed his Loiusiana Derby of course. He's working bullets now. PPs are about the past, horses do make huge improvements and key is finding the horse who is feeling good during derby week. I will have to see his final work at Churchill to see how he's getting over the track.

FWIW, in 2017, Irish War Cry's last BSF before derby was highest in field, took a lot of $$. Ditto Classic Empire. Neither hit the ticket. Hence had the highest BRIS speed ratings and also didn't run ITM. In 2011 Andy Beyer was bemoaning the the slowest derby field in history. Yet as soon as Animal Kingdom stepped out onto the track in the post parade that day, if you were a physicality capper w/a sharp eye, he was so alert and durable looking and it was like the king of the field was standing out there....sometimes you don't see something til the last minute.....that happened to me with AK and also Creator in the AR derby....you have to run to the window to place your wager and wondering why you didn't "see" it before.....
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)