Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Checking In
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #28
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What do you eat now, Jim?
I'll start from the beginning of my weight loss program because it has evolved along the way. It's more a story of what I don't eat anymore.

First to go was sugar, refined grains/flour, starchy vegetables.
Next I dumped anything containing seed oils like soybean, canola, sunflower, etc. These are nasty unstable manmade industrial oils which are in no way healthy.

I went on like this for a long time, losing a lot of weight, then I started to look at plants, fruits and non starchy vegetables. I came across some people who were eating carnivore style, basically diametrically opposite of a vegan, only food from the animal kingdom, primarily meat. I was curious about this so I decided to give it a 30 day trial.
That was 8 months ago and I'm still doing it. I eat meat plus some eggs and cheese. The only plant based exceptions in my diet are coffee, pepper, and perhaps hot sauce too. Essentially coffee and spices.
I do plan to enjoy some local fruit when it's in season.
In any case, since I've went to this carnivore style of eating I feel fantastic. stronger, faster, calmer, better mood and clarity. It's hard to put into words. It just feels right in all respects. Come to find out plants were never supposed to be our primary fuel, we're not designed to digest them and on top of that they contain self defense chemical toxins which can reek havoc on the body.

So with the weight loss, exercise and these other improvements from my diet, it's like I've rolled back the clock and feel better than I have in ages. I did a half marathon back in November and I'm going to do another one in July.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)