Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The only way I can get the BRIS SR into a spreadsheet is to download the PP file I have. I have a program that will print out the dat I need, but I can't put it into Access because everytime I buy a new file, I get many of the same pacelines I already have, and if I save them by track,date, r#, I might end up with a race where the horse was beaten by 15 lengths and then reject one with the winner.

So I have sometimes 6-8 races for one race, each horse listed in order of finish with it's own SR. So I have to manually go in and delete all the line s other the best finish. Lot of wor, that I will do once!

Point being, I see the margins in each race, and say PARis looking like 90, but on race the winner gets a 100, and the place horse gets a 85. Something was not normal about that race. Do I use it? Do I average? This seems somehow to be significant, but just how so, not so much yet. Anyway, it is fun work and it gives me some races to go back and look at how horses did coming out of them.

I have been using pars since Quirrin published his first book. I find them to be very helpful in many case, and not at all relevant in others.

Basically, I use the method Brohamer suggested, look for the horse having run to par or within 5 points twice before, 80% of the races. Of course, there are horses who will not have done so who are strong contender, but that is why we call it handicapping.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom