Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Donald Trump
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #83
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
You maybe right, but we elected 2 pretty good businessmen as president in my lifetime and both Jimmy Carter and GWB were at best mediocre presidents.
Jimmy Carter was far from a sound businessman as he was more a typical political operative exploiting a system he fostered.

His peanut farm was 'prosperous' primarily because of the huge and steady government subsidies he sucked in for ages.

I truly never bought the George W. Bush was a successful businessman story foisted on people by the idiot loser Karl Rove.

Bush became managing partner of the Texas Rangers soon after Pappy Bush became President. Nice to have a father in high places. His personal cash contribution to the group that bought the Rangers was less than $800,000.

His oil exploration companies were 'supported' by many of the partners and friends from Pappy Bush's (there goes daddy again) Zapata Energy days.

Did anyone say crony capitalism? Yes. I did.

Carter was an abject failure before, during and after his Presidency.

Bush's presidency will never ever be judged objectively by the criminal main stream press, but his eight years were a lot more successful than anyone would ever give him credit.

Can anyone imagine a Hillary, a Carter, a Kerry, an Obama or a Biden as president when Sept. 11, 2001 happened?

On that event alone we should all be thankful for G.W. Bush.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom