Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 02:23 AM   #607
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Not a time issue, but Equibase charts kept the BEL turf as Yielding today, when it clearly was not, it was Good and so labeled during the races
Pretty sure track labels are supplied by the tracks. I've seen Equibase change it at times but I imagine that isn't something they like to do.

I'm actually working on a scale that add some context to the traditional track ratings and should be particularly helpful on turf. It will rate tracks from 1 to 10, with 1 being like the turf at Pimlico on Black Eyed Susan Day and 10 being similar to Ellis Park after it bakes in the sun.

Belmont today would have been a 7 or 8 for the inner, which definitely falls in the firm category, and the outer would have been a 6, good to firm. Parx ran one turf race today on a track labeled good that will get a 4, slower than Belmont's yielding for sure.

By the way, do tracks with multiple courses ever use different ratings? Can't say I've ever seen that but I've noticed they definitely aren't always the same.

Now for a timing error, R5 at Woodbine Saturday had the 1/2 mile 0.60 too fast.

Last edited by cj; 09-23-2018 at 02:35 AM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)