Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 05:27 AM   #674
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Your optimism is admirable but markets should be down IMHO, at least 15% before you get a good buying opportunity.Meanwhile today the markets globally go down because someone got arrested.When you have weak beer reasons like that for markets regressing, there's trouble ahead.THEN, you have the buying opp. 22,500 sounds good to me
With program trading dominating buy/sell decisions and basically ignoring fundamentals a larger drop is quite possible. All my buy/sell decisions are company by company calls, bottoms up investing so to speak.

The other problem is that ETF 'investing' has been way overdone these past five or so years. ETFs at this time are way, way overpriced while a good portion of the much larger companies (think Apple, Facebook, Pfizer, Nvidia, Netflix, Accenture, Master Card to name a few) in these very same ETFs are basically inexpensive if not outright cheap.

There were two 'beer' reasons for the drop ... the arrest plus the now-default talking-point idiocy called 'the trade war with China'. I heard both countless times Wednesday and yesterday. Both reasons were silly, beer reasons as you say.

So, thanks to these know-nothings in the financial journalism media, I try to take advantage when these fools analyze the situation. They are clueless for the most part. I see this media idiocy as a positive reason, not a negative reason to buy stocks.

Fundamentally speaking, the growth era in GDP has just begun. Sales growth, free cash flow growth, earnings growth, strong ROIC, dividend growth, extremely low interest rate environment, low corporate tax rate, low individual tax rate, low unemployment, low inflation, plus millennials and blue-collar types finally working all point to a robust economy and higher stock prices down the road.

Good luck in all your investing moves. Don't let headline news and faulty analysis scare you from another major buying opportunity.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most