Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 11:04 PM   #91
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Drake Maye looks the part but I have a feeling he's a guy that looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. I have the same objection to him as I did with Trubisky -- UNC plays no one. They play in a basketball conference not one with a high level of football. Shouldn't Maye's stats be crazy good? Learn from the recent past. How did Sam Howell do with the Commanders? And Trushitsky can't even stay with one team very long as a backup. If I was a GM I would stay away from UNC quarterbacks, at least in the early rounds.

We all know that the draft is a crapshoot anyway. Brady fell to the 6th round. Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant 2023. Montana was a third round pick. The list of first round busts at QB is a long one. If I'm the Bears GM I would listen very carefully to what WAS may offer to move up one slot. Then take Daniels with the second pick. CW is the safe pick by most accounts. My concern is more about his attitude and the interference from his management team, not his football skills. But none of us are privy to the information that the real NFL guys get.

I just watched about 45 minutes of Maye's highlights. Like almost all the ones you watch, a bunch of throws to read 1 & 2 and only scanning half the field.
His stats really are not that impressive, considering the competition, basketball conference.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)