Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Sunday, April 14

Race One:

Fort Worth was “sandwiched” leaving the gate. This highly-priced, well-regarded City Zip-bred was then rushed up into contention along the inside. Meanwhile, up front, the leaders were putting up quarter-horse-like fractions. As the field reached the stretch, this 3-year old, Todd Pletcher-trained chestnut colt, who was making his first pari-mutuel start, was meandering all over the track. He was noticeably weakening in the stretch; yet this colt managed to finish 3rd. Would a cleaner, trouble-free trip do it? Or, was 7-furlongs down at GP too much? Today, at the “Big A,” we’re looking at one mile. One thing is for certain…this Carson City-bred is going to go “chalk”. I’d be careful. I would counsel that you consider “buying insurance”. Just in case… Manny Franco is in the irons. Oh, this guy’s morning work-tab looks like a target (“bullets”) at a shooting gallery. Others: 4, 6, 1

Race Two:

Stabilize did not have the best of trips (for you trip-handicappers) in his last. This Speightstown-bred grey filly was penned down on the rail early. She was caught behind a wall of horses, yet full of speed, however, no place to go. Her pilot, Rajiv Maragh, try as he might, could not find a seam. This filly would gain a degree of daylight as the field moved into the far turn. As she made her stretch run, this filly was lightly bumped by the horse to immediate outside, Infatuation. This Silver Charm-bred did well to finish 3rd. In analysis, the field is smaller. There should be less chance of any major “traffic jams”. Manny Franco is in the irons for the Canadian conditioner, Rob Atras. Others: 1, 6, 2

Race Three:

Fifty Five hasn’t been out in a month of Sundays; yet this Stormy Atlantic-bred 5-year old bay mare has been a most consistent turf horse. This Chad Brown-trainee has hit the board in 15 out of 16 turf races (her only off-the-board try came in the Grade II Sands Point, in September, 2017). If this mare is reasonably ready (she hasn’t raced since October, 2018), she can win this non-graded, 100k Plenty of Grace stakes. Others: 4, 5, 2

Race Four:

Wild Medagliod’oro is making his first turf start (the turf pedigree is there). I like his outside starting post. I see this El Prado-bred colt coming “off the tailgate”. This grey 3-year old is cutting back two panels off his last race on the main at CD. Manny Franco, the pride of Carolina, Puerto Rico, is in the stirrups for trainer Mark Casse. This colt has turned in a solid array of morning works in preparation for his return to the races. Others: 4, 6, 5

Race Five:

Standard Deviation is the kinda horse that you don’t have to know how much about scores that vary, statistically on average, from the mean. This Curlin-sired 3-year old is regally bred. If this bay colt is reasonably ready, he should dominate. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons for “Mechanicsville (the smallest municipality in the state of New York), Chad” Brown. Others: 3, 2, 4

Race Six:

Mr. Vincent makes his first start for trainer Steve Klesaris. This Vicarious Sara (she had 5 winners from 8 starters)-bred chestnut gelding is back on the lawn after trying the main at Prx. This gelding has enough turf breeding to prevail. He can certainly “get the distance”. The hot-as-a petardo, jockey Jose Lezcano, is in the irons. Others: 1, 6, 4

Race Seven:

Dooley finally gets an outside post from which to launch a bid. I believe that position moves this El Corredor-bred up. Eric Cancel (he’s been hot, lately) reprises the ride for trainer David Donk. I admit this 5-year old gelding hasn’t won in a month of Sundays, but I believe that if he’s reasonably ready, he can make an impact. Others: 4, 2, 5.

Race Eight:

Queen of Bermuda gets my nod in this turf sprint, the 100k Mizdirection. I believe this Irish-bred will benefit from her outside post. This 3-year old Danehill-bred should be able to make an unimpeded, wide-sweeping move. In her only race in “The States,” this filly finished 4th at CD, that despite being steadied in the BC Juvenile Turf Special. This filly gets Lasix for the first time. Graham Motion trains. Junior Alvarado is in the irons. Others: 3. 8, 4

Race Nine:

Sweet Admiral was 2nd against weaker in his last two races at Laurel. Yet, in this non-descript field, I believe this Colonel John-bred has a chance (Yes, I know; he’s 0-for-17). Yet not every horse entered in this race can get the one mile and a “teenth” distance. I believe this 5-year old can. The apprentice, Joey Martinez, is in the irons for trainer Leo O’Brien. Others: 1, 2, 7.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement