View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
Robert Fischer
clean money

Good luck today, Teach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post

Race Seven:

Dooley finally gets an outside post from which to launch a bid. I believe that position moves this El Corredor-bred up. Eric Cancel (he’s been hot, lately) reprises the ride for trainer David Donk. I admit this 5-year old gelding hasn’t won in a month of Sundays, but I believe that if he’s reasonably ready, he can make an impact. Others: 4, 2, 5.

I like today's 7th for a couple of reasons.

Skimming the card, I had to check twice, whether this was a turf race.

It seems this time of year, be it the 'off-season' in NY or the racing secretary, that the only fields with 8 or 9 horses, are turf races. This is a dirt race, and had ten runners scheduled, and I checked it twice, not a typo.

I'd rather spend time capping these 9 tomato cans, than a 5 horse field of 'good' horses.

In fact, on a day when Oakland (oops, what is that? some caffeine and egg induced mashup?), sorry; "Oaklawn and Keeneland" are running decent cards with fuller fields and looser pools, I will not even so much as look at a short field, unless I have a watch-list bet-against, or am bored.

Second reason that I liked the field; I thought the and the were mildly interesting on form.
Wish I liked the ... Bigger odds, has the paper form to grab a piece... However, the 9 has no 'umph' in the stretch.

The is interesting to me underneath. Last time he was restless/fractious in the gate and ran OK. I think he runs slightly better today. Hoping to get a bit more than the 5/1 ml.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 04-14-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement