Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #64
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Do you wager on horses when you think they are well placed? I do, too. I also wager on horses when their connections (specifically trainers and jockeys) are "well placed", i.e. in their comfort zone, in familiar charted waters, well within their element. Trainer and jockey stats can often tells us when these connections are in their element.

We humans are creatures of habit. Good thing trainers are human, too.
There very well might be some subjective arguments to determine the intentions of the connections based on a horse’s past performances and its current entry in a future race. The assumption of course is that the horse will actually be trying to win and is suitably physically fit to re-produce some of its better prior racing efforts.

Unfortunately, this sort of speculation does not always lead to finding a contender in a race. Yes, I would agree 100% that people in general are creatures of habit. When they find something that works well, especially if they’re rewarded as an end result, they tend to repeat those efforts.

That’s why I believe that the betting habits of those who are in control of these horses can objectively reveal their actual intentions. When they believe that their horse has the proper conditioning to enable them to potentially win a race, they very often will reveal their intentions through their betting habits.

Players have to stop kidding themselves into believing that the overall betting population consists only of those like themselves: Who more often than not have nothing more than some numerical PP data to rely on for determining their betting ventures.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)