Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 03:17 PM   #44
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
GOOD CRIST! (see what I did there?)

I have a feeling Obama needs to be investigated.

Better hire a special counsel.
I explained why we sent cash.

I explained just wiring the money wasn't that easy.

I showed an example of how Republicans went after Obama for attempting to settle matters using American Financial Institutions already.

Since nobody here actually checks things out for themselves and just parrots the Fox/Right-wing/Alt-right talking point... here ya go... it won't be good enough... again I'm sure.

Quote:
Sanctions against Iran
In January 2012, the advocacy group United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) implemented a campaign calling on SWIFT to end all relations with Iran's banking system, including the Central Bank of Iran. UANI asserted that Iran's membership in SWIFT violated U.S. and EU financial sanctions against Iran as well as SWIFT's own corporate rules.[24]

Consequently, in February 2012, the U.S. Senate Banking Committee unanimously approved sanctions against SWIFT aimed at pressuring the Belgian financial telecommunications network to terminate its ties with blacklisted Iranian banks. Expelling Iranian banks from SWIFT would potentially deny Iran access to billions of dollars in revenue and spending using SWIFT but not from using IVTS. Mark Wallace, president of UANI, praised the Senate Banking Committee.[25]

Initially SWIFT denied it was acting illegally,[25] but now says "it is working with U.S. and European governments to address their concerns that its financial services are being used by Iran to avoid sanctions and conduct illicit business."[26] Targeted banks would be—amongst others—Saderat Bank of Iran, Bank Mellat, Post Bank of Iran and Sepah Bank.[27] On 17 March 2012, following agreement two days earlier between all 27 member states of the Council of the European Union and the Council's subsequent ruling, SWIFT disconnected all Iranian banks from its international network that had been identified as institutions in breach of current EU sanctions and warned that even more Iranian financial institutions could be disconnected from the network.

In February 2016, most Iranian banks reconnected to the network following lift of sanctions on Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.[28]
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most