Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 08:14 AM   #4
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnLotus View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm certain this topic has more than likely been brought up throughout the years however I was unable to come up with any threads via the search option I think probably more than likely due to not knowing how to word it properly or use proper keywords, so please accept my apologies up front if this has been a repetitive topic.

My question is based around an observation I have made many years ago and it is certainly an obvious one;

For example, I'm sure you've all noticed let's say looking at pic services such as Racingdudes or Equinedge as well as pics that are handicapped and displayed at each track from the tracks resident handicapper(s), there is always three selections. No that's not to say of course that the handicappers displaying those three will not give you any direction on which to play or rather how to play i.e., they Their first selection out of the three for the win or two say some combination of an exotic wager as well as when Etcetera we've got my point.

In my opinion and observation this is how it goes across the board, even when I do my own handicapping I almost always end up with three selections. It is even common practice here on the board when people place their opinions it is almost always 3 horses.

I guess my question is, how do you play your selections when you have three because we know it is certainly is not going to be a trifecta play. This is something that I have been struggling with personally as I have repeatedly saw that in most cases one of the three Selections that I come up with will have one of them come in for the win and if not certainly 1 if not two of them will be in the money. I guess I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to go about playing these selections. I'm aware of course that that is a very wide open question obviously based on how one values each of the three selections. But I'm asking it more so to have this one go about it if those three selections all seem viable for the win?
Thank you so much for stating what I've been saying all along....

There's guys that post picks here with 4 ,5, sometimes 6 selections without a strategy on how to play them....
I'm OK with that but what bothers me is when they provide results like hitting and exacta , triple , super and say they had a GREAT DAY!!!
Figuring out what you have to lay out to cover all these bets doesn't even come close to profit on what they posted they won....
There's one kid here selling picks that does exactly that and I say to myself get a real job before your too late ......
When I make picks I tell you exactly how I bet , so there's no doubt if I won or lost..
There's another guy thats honest too..5THSTREETPICKS...

Last edited by Saratoga; 02-17-2024 at 08:15 AM.
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)