Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: LeBron James
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #48
lansdale

My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
It will be strange to have an NBA Finals w/o Lebron -- last time it happened was, I believe, 2009, but Cavs are done for this year. To blame him for this is ridiculous -- he played a v. good game last night 26/10/10 -- even if he scores 35 they stlll lose. After losing Kyrie, they simply didn't have enough to win at this level. Maybe some speculation why Lebron was able to win with a bad team in 2015-- yes, but he was three years younger. No team has won an NBA championship with an SF as it's key player over the age of 32.

Agree w/Valuist re GSW/Rockets -- Warriors still the better team. 4th Q. of last game somewhat of a fluke, but more than few signs that they don't take Rox seriously -- careless shot selection, no screens set on three-ball attempts, Kerr not calling time to draw up a play in final seconds -- none of the usual signs that they felt they needed this win. Also no Iguodala in 4 Q. due to injury -- he'll be back tonight. One thing to note though -- this was the first time I watched Curry carefully since his long absence, it he seemed to have trouble beating defenders off the dribble in 4 Q. and creating space to shoot the three -- but he also had no screens, so not sure whether this is a real thing or not. We'll know more after tonight. BTW, predicting that tonight Ariza will take a serious cheap shot at one of the GSW shooters - Durant, Curry, or Klay -- in an attempt to knock him out of the game -- seriously hope I'm wrong about this.

Apologies to Lebron and the Cavs for doubting another trip to the Finals. And although LBJ was typically great, playing 48 minutes no less, think this team was lucky to be facing a young Celt team that seemed to lose their composure for the first time in the post-season, going 7/39 from downtown, including a number of wide-open looks. This is why teams load up on veterans (Robert Horry?) for the post-season.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most