Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Pet peeves.
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #456
Inner Dirt

How many of my fellow old and decrepit peers in here still insist on doing their own vehicle repairs and maintenance because they do not trust anyone to work on their cars? A good example yesterday I rotated the tires on my Chevy Tahoe in spite of a fused lower spine and two shoulders that have been confirmed to need operations. Even using a decent impact on the highest setting with 90 psi line pressure I could not get the lug nuts to loosen. I had to use a breaker bar with a 6 foot pipe over it and all of my 260 pounds to break them loose. They were just flat over tightened, the lug nuts had dug in and scored the aluminum wheels. I doubt anyone would have been able to change a flat by the side of the road with normal tools and I often go through areas with no cell service. It was obvious the chain store tire place over tightened the lug nuts to the extreme.

If we went back decades ago you could always trust that someone could at least change your oil and install your tires without screwing up, now that isn't the case. Anyone agree with me or do I just have bad luck?

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 03-19-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most