Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #39
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
It'll be a pain in the ass to have to punch holes and bind this up but the end product will be my own handicapping book for the day. Am kind of digging the concept... The other thing I like is don't PP's come out 2 days in advance? I could handicap a Saturday card on Thursday night or most of it then finish up on Friday without spending most of the evening doing it. I like that.
That's exactly the way I do it for my Saturday trips to LaD. I use a big three-ring binder, along with numbered dividers. Only takes a minute on Excel to make an index page for the races you've handicapped...my index has two columns, the left sorts the races by post time, the right by track. And I start handicapping on Thursday evening, usually for just two tracks.

What will you use the laptop for? If I'm going to play a tournament simultaneously I'll take along a little Chromebook. The battery charge easily lasts all day, but about all I use it for is to access Bris Supertote, enter tournament picks, and to watch the occasional replay. I can also upload my Excel spreadsheets to Google Sheets for access at the track, but only for viewing since Google Sheets doesn't support macros.

Good luck!
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)