Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
Teach

Race One:
Seven furlongs for state-bred fillies on the Widener gets us started on this mid-afternoon, Friday. I like SPRING FOLLY. This 3 year-old Rahy-bred filly ran an impressive race in her only pari-mutuel start; she finished a fast-closing 3rd. In that one, this New York state-bred filly was languishing near the back of the back; she had only one horse beaten after the quarter pole. Yet, she mounted (I watched the replay several times) a strong closing charge – splitting horses – and angling to the outside to finish extremely well (possibly fastest of all). She was full of run at the wire. Anything resembling that effort against similar caliber horses – and a smaller field -- could easily result in a trip to the winner’s circle. The filly is also stretching out one panel; that’s a serious plus that suits her running style. “The Louisiana Kid,” Kendrick Carmouche, reprises the ride for trainer Mike Dickinson. Dickinson does extremely well with horses making their second career start, albeit with a limited sampling. If this filly runs back to her previous start, she can prevail. Others: , ,

Race Two:
PLANET TRAILBLAZER gets my nod in the second, a one-mile route on the main. This Brazilian-bred chestnut colt was second in her last against similar company at seven panels; today’s added furlong should be to his advantage. This Mr. Prospector-bred should be coming on with a rush in deep stretch. Joel Rosario is in the irons for A.C. Avila. Avila has a good record with horses going from sprints to routes. Others: , ,

Race Three:
In this claiming event, 6 and ˝ panels on the main, my pick is the entry: /, ROCKPORT KAT and BOLITA BOYZ. I believe that both halves of the entry have a shot; it’s “two for the price of one”. It’s two solid jockeys riding for a red-hot trainer, Robertino “Beto” Diodoro. Others: , .

Race Four:
NOW IN A DRIVE is my pick in this turf route. In his previous race, this Tiznow-bred colt finished second in this very same company. Any slight improvement… Trainer Brian Lynch does very well with horses making their third start off a layoff. Lynch, by the way, is having an excellent Belmont meet. Look for this 3 year-old colt to be out and going when the gates open. Joel Rosario (could this be his “red-letter day”?). Others: , ,

Race Five:
SINGAPORE TRADER is my choice in this 2 year-old state-bred MSW sprint. First, Johnny V. and Todd Pletcher are a dynamic combination. Pletcher does very well with horses entered in MSW races. I was particularly impressed by a recent morning work at Monmouth: 4 panels in :47 and a tick, handily. That speaks volumes. At first asking? Others: , ,

Race Six:
SATIN SHEETS is my selection in this 6 and ˝ panels sprint for state-bred fillies, n1x. This Intro Mischief-bred bay filly is making the switch from main to turf. I like that angle. This filly picks up the services of Jose Ortiz. Steve Asmussen is a most capable trainer; he does well with horses entered in sprints. This filly should be in a perfect stalking position. Others: , ,

Race Seven:
I’m going with a longshot: PIRELLONE. I like the fact that this gelding draws outside. I also like the aforementioned turf-to-dirt angle. Trainer Ralph Nicks does extremely well when going from turf to dirt. The most capable Manny Franco is in the irons. Oh, a solid 4-panels morning work bolsters confidence. Others: , ,

Race Eight:
SEIZE is my pick in this turf allowance sprint. I believe this race serves as a wake-up call for this War Front-bred who has been heavily bet in recent starts. This Danzig-bred 4 year-old colt should be out and going when the gates release. “El Dominicano de Santo Domingo,” Joel Rosario, is this colt’s pilot. Monsieur Christophe Clement is the colt’s trainer. Clement does very well with horses that have been beaten favorites. Others: , ,

Race Nine:
In the finale, a 6-panels claiming turf sprint, I’m going with REAL CREEL. This Cozzene-bred colt has faced better; he now cuts back a couple panels (that’s a plus). Another plus are the services of jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr. The colt’s trainer is Steve Asmussen; he does well with both shippers and horses making turf starts. This Mizzen Mast-bred should be out and going from his outside starting post. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)