Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #33
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperlunch View Post
Dave that’s interesting reply and pretty fascinating story. My point is not to teach children bad habits. I was introduced to horse racing by my uncle. Everyone is brought in by someone. My point is I’d rather spend one on one time with my son doing this and teaching him than not spending time. My son is 22 now and he likes the races but he doesn’t spend his life playing. So each Person is different. I’ve lost a ton of $ when I was younger at this sport but you learn to keep it where u can afford it. I have no problem when I see kids at the track with their parents or family. I don’t think anything is wrong with it. To each his own. This is an interesting topic.

I agree with your perspective.

Hope my post did not sound judgmental as it was not meant to be.

I recall when my daughter, then age 19, announced that she was joining the family business (horse racing).

I asked, "What will you do?"

She said, "I'll bet on the races."

I said, "We've already got somebody to do that. Why don't you become a lawyer? We could use one of those."

Dave
PS: Thanks to all the others for their kind remarks.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)