Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #74
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
thats a total farce in reality. It’s a feel good thing actually pushed by owners based on feelings and not reality. If you knew how much a horses weight fluctuates on a daily basis you’d shit yourself. The weight loss from fluid loss is trivial. And as I explained before there is a huge difference between weight within and evenly distributed throughout the horse than sitting On top of a horse moving around. This can be really hard to understand unless you’ve ridden a lot of horse. And not all horses loose a lot of weight from lasix. It varies greatly. A big influencer is how hydrated the horse is to begin with. I mentioned above that several of my horses ran as good or better off lasix than on it. I used to take horses back and forth from the U.S. to Canada where they couldn’t use lasix. Those horses always performed as good or better up there. There are so many old wives tale on lasix that it’s kind of comical. One could make as big of argument that the horse won’t run as well due to the dehydration.
I've never said the weight change is the same as a jockey weight. I actually already said the same thing early in the thread, they aren't the same. But to pretend that Lasix doesn't give an advantage over horses that aren't using it goes against every study I've ever seen or done myself.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)