Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 05:31 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

Impunity is a well-bred 3-year old gelding whose sire, Paynter, earned over one-million dollars during his brief racing career. The gelding’s dam, All Electric, was stakes-placed. In addition, All Electric produced 4 winners from 7 starters. This Grand Slam-bred gelding will move up on a wet Aqueduct oval, i.e., Awesome Again. This gelding has shipped up from Hallandale, FL where he had competed both on the turf and the main track. Today, this bay gelding drops in for a tag. The morning works have been good. Manny Franco is in the irons for trainer Jorge Abreu. Finally, nota bene: the only time this gelding ran on a sloppy track – his first start – he finished 2nd in this company at Belmont, last fall.

Mount Olympus is a 3-year old colt who could be quite competitive in this one-mile, 50k claimer. He has also shipped up from GP where he competed in both turf and main-track events. The turf try was less than stellar, the dirt try, on the other hand, produced a second-place finish, albeit at a somewhat lower level. Mike Maker trains (he does well w/2nd route races). Reylu Gutierrez is in the irons. I ask: “Will a return to the dirt, allow this horse to assert (himself)?” I think this colt could complete an exotic.

Bye Bye Man is a highly-priced 3-year old colt whose first and only race was on a sloppy track at one-mile in 60k MSW route; it was an abject failure. Although I didn’t watch the replay, this colt appeared to race “greenly”. According to the DRF, he “lunged” at the start and was then angled wide. The net result: a 9th place finish, a city-block behind the winner. A “mulligan”? After all, the breeding is there. The field is shorter. With one under his belt… Junior Alvarado in the stirrups and “Big D’s” Todd Pletcher trains. And if it rains (apparently it has), there’s plenty of wet-tracking breeding to go around, i.e., Dixie Union (Northern Dancer). I’ll glim the horse both on the track and on the infield tote (actually ADW). This colt could be “a sleeper”.

4 Bronxville is another Gulfstream shipper who has made his way north to South Ozone Park, the Queens, New York. This Tapit-bred bay colt has been facing MSW company. He now makes that precipitous drop into the claiming ranks. Yet, as I look over his lines, I get the feeling this colt may want to try sprints rather than routes. I ask: “Is today’s one-mile distance “A Bridge Too Far?” I should mention that his conditioner, Ray Handal, does well with 1st time maiden-claimers. Dylan Davis is in the irons.

Pickle Rick should be “on the engine”. Question: “Can he carry his speed eight panels?” I think this Twirling Candy-bred can be there. The question: Does he get his picture taken? I might add that this gelding will move way up on a wet track, i.e., Candy Ride, Storm Cat, etc. This gelding’s jockey, Jose Lezcano, must carefully ration out this colt’s speed. Brad Cox – he’s having an excellent meet – is this colt’s conditioner. Finally, a solid recent morning-work bolsters confidence. I’m leaning toward this 3-year old gelding as my top choice.

6 Bumperdoo looks like the “plodding” type. I must say that bay gelding looks overmatched here. Yet, I believe he moves up on a wet track. A solid recent work offers hope for improvement. I, personally, would not completely rule out this Birdstone (Grindstone)-bred from being part of your gimmick. He could surprise. Hector Diaz, Jr. is in the irons for trainer Nick Zito.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)