Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 05:41 AM   #3
Teach

Race Three:

Papa Shot comes back on short rest. This Forty Niner-bred picks up the services of jockey Manny Franco. That should help. Rudy Rodriguez trains. I’m a little wary of how “the inside” will play. Will there be a track bias? I will assess that in the first few races as I prepare for my Pick-6 plays. I believe this horse is playable, but I wouldn’t put “all my eggs in one basket”. This horse has indeed faced better over his racing career, but he has only won once in nearly two years. As an historical footnote: When Abraham Lincoln was shot at Ford’s Theater, his youngest son Tad, when he heard the news, he called out: “Pop Tot.” Tad Lincoln had both a cleft palate and cleft lip. He could not, unfortunately, enunciate certain word-blends.

Poshsky would move up on a wet track. In my opinion, the best I could possibly hope for would be to “mop up” a gimmick. By the way, tangentially, do you know the origin of the word “POSH”? (this is what happens to you at 5 a.m.). It originated with the early America-to-Europe summer cruises. Well-heeled American passengers would request cabins: “Port-side out” (left side or north-facing side of the ship, away from the sun, headed toward Europe; “Starboard home” right side of ship facing north heading back to America. Cooler that way. Thus, “Port-side out”: PO; “Starboard home” SH. The acronym: “POSH”. Oh, as for Poshky is concerned. As cited, a wet track would improve his chances. Greg DiPrima trains. Ruben Silvera rides.

3 O Shea Can You See did finish 2nd in a similar race, last time. This 2-panels stretch may not prove that formidable. There’s a chance this Curlin-bred can be competitive here. I would not rule him out. I believe there’s a chance that he can hit the board. This gelding’s most recent win came on a muddy track. Yet, this gelding’s owner-trainer, Eduardo Jones, is, quite candidly, having a less than stellar “Big A” meet. Reylu Gutierrez has the call.

4 Shamcat appears more suited for the turf than the main. Yet, this First Defence-bred horse surprised everyone in his last against weaker by finishing 2nd at 65-1. Personally, I’d be surprised if this horse were able to do that again. A solid morning work does offer some hope. Greg DiPrima trains. Carlos Hernandez reprises the ride.

Incubator went off at 4-to-5 against weaker in his last; he finished 2nd. He now steps up off a claim. Aparna Battula trains. Rajiv Maragh is in the irons. This Stephen Got Even-bred would appear to move up on a wet track. A chance to “mop up” an exotic?

Ironclad has won three-straight. You don’t have to be either the Monitor or the Merrimac (CSS Virginia) to realize that this Midshipman-bred bay gelding is “a player”. He would move up on a wet track. I definitely see this “claim-dropping” (the DRF calls his slide down the claiming-ladder: “suspicious”), Unbridled’s Song-bred, as “a contendah”. His new trainer, Mertkan Kantarmaci, has 2 wins in 5 tries with “drops off a claim”. Kantarmaci also does well with 1st after a claim. If the outside is the place to be, that will aid and abet this gelding’s chances. Don’t expect much at the windows. I see this gelding going off as “chalk”. Eric Cancel is in the irons.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)