Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 05:52 AM   #6
Teach

Race Six:

1 Barbara P may improve with Lasix; yet it appears that it will take more than that to have this Freud-bred grace the tote-board. Sammy Camacho, Jr., for trainer Jim Ferraro.

2 Too Many Tales could be “The Sleeper” here. This Tale of the Cat-bred must be angled out if he is to get into contention. A wet track would move him up. Ben Hernandez for Rodrigo Ubillo.

3 Topline showed little in his only start. I personally don’t see this Shackleford-bred as a contender. A minor award is possible. Rajiv Maragh for Bruce Levine.

4 Homemade is a first-time starter whose morning work-tab leaves much to be desired. Yet, the combination of trainer Linda Rice and jockey Jose Lezcano must be respected. Personally, I have my doubts, but I learned long ago to “never say never”.

Annette’s Humor has been beaten by weaker. Yet, this filly will most definitely move up on a wet track. Then, there’s the services of jockey Manny Franco. Rudy Rodriguez trains. Rodriguez does very well with beaten favorites. Finally, this filly may go straight to the top in a race this is devoid of early speed. If she can clear, she immediately becomes “a player”. She is worthy of consideration.

Cholmondeley drops in for “a tag”. This filly is now trained by the most capable Kiaran McLaughlin. McLaughlin does very well with horses making their 2nd career start. Oh, the wet-track breeding is there. This Awesome Again-bred is adding Lasix. I consider this filly “a player”. Reylu Gutierrez is in the irons.

Delta Gamma will benefit from a wet track (he may have some turf races in his future). This filly has had three 2nd place finishes in four races. Two of those runner-up performances came at the MSW level. I can’t ignore. I believe this filly merits serious attention. Dylan Davis for Linda Rice. Linda does very well with maiden claimers.

Carnarsie Princess is, in my opinion, “a sleeper”. This Big Brown-bred has significant wet-track breeding. Her dam, Smartgabrielle, had 3 winners from 3 starters. Trainer Mike Miceli has the knack of surprising us with one of his entrants. Miceli does well with horses entered in maiden claimers. “The Louisiana Kid,” Kendrick Carmouche, is in the irons.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)