Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 05:56 AM   #7
Teach

Race Seven:

Cross Multiply would appear to move up on a wet track. Yet, this colt overall record – one win in 21 tries – does not bolster confidence. This 4-year old is again running in “open” company; that would appear to make it that much more difficult to garner his second lifetime win. I will say this: This colt’s morning works are good. I’m thinking more in terms of a possible minor award.

2 Quest for Fire started his career like a house o’ fire. This late-blooming City Zip-bred won at first asking. Yet, after that, it’s been all downhill. Admittedly, two of those tries were against stellar company. Yet, this 5-year old’s most recent loss was against lower-level claimers. This gelding was claimed out of that one by Chad Summers. I will mention that this Carson City-bred does have a solid wet-track pedigree. That would move him up; yet, I don’t believe it would enough for him to hit the board. Carlos Hernandez is in the irons. Oh, I should mention that this gelding has turned in a couple “bullet” morning works.

Bourbon N Rye would appear to be “The Horse”. This 4-year old gelding has faced much better during his career. I should mention that this Distorted Humor-bred was ambitiously entered against allowance company, last time. He failed, miserably. He finished last, 31 lengths behind the winner. But alas, today offers a chance to make amends. This Ghostzapper-bred has a solid wet-track pedigree. He sports a sharp 4-panels work. This gelding should be going for the lead. I guess my only concern is that he’s been away from the races for a month and a half. Mark Hennig trains. Reylu Gutierrez is in the irons. I’m tempted to single him. The operative word is “tempted”.

Our American Star’s only win in 29 tries did come against, and this gelding should move up on a wet track. Yet, for the most part, other than that, I would be hard-pressed to use him in my plays. This Noonmark-bred does get the services of Kendrick Carmouche, that’s a plus. Lolita Shivmangal owns and trains.

Thunder’s Honor is, in my opinion, “The Sleeper”. This Mineshaft-bred has faced better. Yet, I should mention that this First Samurai-bred’s only win came on the lawn. This colt went chalk in his last, yet he finished 4th. The colt’s trainer, George Weaver, does very well w/beaten favorites. Eric Cancel reprises the drive. If there’s a gnawing concern, it’s the fact that this colt has been away from the races for over 3 months.

6 Great Going defeated weaker in his last. This chestnut horse now moves up after his maiden-breaking win. Yet, that win came nearly one year ago. I frankly have serious doubts that this horse can make it two-in-a-row. Hector Diaz, Jr. is in the irons for owner-trainer John Quiles.

7 Da Meister is another horse who broke his maiden against weaker. Personally, I just don’t see this 5-year old hitting the tote. This horse hasn’t raced in over one year. Ed Pringle trains. Joey Martiez is in the stirrups.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)