Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 06:00 AM   #8
Teach

Race Eight:

Bluegrass Jamboree has a chance here. This Bluegrass Cat-bred mare won her last, easily. She’s trained and part-owned by the most capable Charley Baker. If the track comes up sloppy, this 5-year old’s pedigree says she can handle that surface. This mare is worthy of consideration in your exotic and multi-race plays. Jose Lezcano is in the irons.

2 Luz Mimi ships in from Laurel. In my opinion, she would be a surprise if she were to prevail here. Yet, she does have a solid wet-track pedigree. I guess one of my major concerns is that this mare has been away from the races for more than 3 months. Dylan Davis for Jeremiah Englehart.

3 Assail is another Laurel shipper. In my opinion, she bears watching. This Forest Wildcat-bred most definitely moves up on a wet track. In addition, this mare has hit the board, either 1st or 2nd, in 16 out of 23 lifetime tries. This Wildcat Heir-bred should be forwardly placed. Patricia Farro trains; Roberto Rosado is in the irons.

4 D J’s Favorite is, in my opinion, “a player”. I believe this Union Rags-bred moves way up on a sloppy track. This bay filly has the services of both jockey Junior Alvarado and trainer Linda Rice. Linda Rice does very well with winners of their last race.

Palladian Bridge has been running in non-graded state-bred stakes races. I see this chestnut mare as another “player”. This A.P. Indy-bred races extremely well on wet surfaces. In this race, she picks up the services of one of NYRA’s finest, Manny Franco. Ray Handal trains.

Short Kakes is cutting back one panel off her last race; that may help. This mare is what I would deem “a sleeper”. I cannot rule her out as far as “picture-taking” is concerned. She has the ability to surprise. Kendrick Carmouche is in the irons for trainer Dave Cannizzo.

7 Annie Rocks is another distaffer who bears watching. This mare’s trainer, Rudy Rodriguez, does very well with horses who are 1st after a claim. I wouldn’t be surprised if this 6-year old were in contention. I should cite that this mare hasn’t raced for 2 months. Luis Reyes is in the irons.

Pauseforthecause is another “sleeper” in what I view as a wide-open race. This bay filly finished 2nd in a non-graded New York state-bred race last time. She’s fully capable of competing here. This 4-year old has hit the tote in all six tries at the distance. Rajiv Maragh for Kiaran McLaughlin.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)