Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 06:04 AM   #9
Teach

Race Nine:

1 Wailin Josie was competitive in her last in this company (she was bumped at the start). As I watched the replay, this Speightstown-bred filly couldn’t find any daylight. I feel that her lack of gate speed will put her in a similar predicament in today’s race. I should mention that expected moisture could help her chances. This filly’s most recent 3-panels work was exceptional. Yet, a minor award is, in my opinion, the most we might expect. Sammy Camacho, Jr. is in the irons for trainer Steve Jerkens.

Rumor Driven was a highly-priced purchase. She has both wet-track breeding (Candy Ride) and a first-time starter pedigree (Storm Cat). Are there some turf races in this filly’s future? Frankly, I’m not sure what to expect. Chad Brown is an excellent trainer. Manny Franco’s one of the best. Yet, their charge must perform. Will she? I know I can’t leave her off my ticket.

3 Two Graces did not show much in her two pari-mutuel starts. Frankly, I’m skeptical that we’ll see much improvement off those two efforts. This filly’s Lemon Drop Kid breeding will help on a wet track. Kendrick Carmouche is in the irons for Jim Ryerson.

Behind the Couch is, in my opinion, “a player”. Today’s slight stretch from this filly’s last should help. So too are the services of jockey Junior Alvarado for trainer Jeremiah Englehart. This filly has a solid wet-track pedigree. Personally, I consider this Awesome Again-bred filly a “must use”.

Harley Q is another horse in the finale that merits consideration. She’s a consistent board-hitter in this company. The one time this Mucho Macho Man-bred filly failed to hit the tote was up at Saratoga where she finished 4th in a non-graded stakes. Uriah St. Louis both owns and trains this Macho Uno-bred. Dylan Davis is in the irons.

6 Dublinornothing is a first-time starter out of the Karl Grusmark barn. What immediately catches my attention is this filly’s array of solid morning works. If what happens in the morning translates to the main track in the afternoon, then this distaffer is a horse to be considered. Reylu Gutierrez has the call.

7 Lady Macho could be “a sleeper” here. She was a closing 4th in her only pari-mutuel start. I feel this filly is a horse to be reckoned with. A solid recent work bolsters confidence. Rajiv Maragh is in the stirrups for trainer Bruce Levine. I’ll be interested to see what kind of attention she attracts.

Cash Offer got off a step slow in her only race at Los Alamitos back on Independence Day last year. She was rushed up into quarter-horse fractions. She folded badly in the stretch. Yet, she did go off at slightly less than 5-1 odds. That can be intriguing for a first-time starter in MSW company. This Shackleford-(Forestry) bred filly has a solid wet-track pedigree. This 3-year old also turned a recent “bullet” work. I wouldn’t be surprised if she graced the tote. I would call her a “sleeper”. If she breaks alterly… Jose Lezcano for Mark Hennig.

9 Linda’s Ballet was a high-priced Ocala purchase. Frankly, I see her pedigree as leaning in the direction of the turf rather than the main. A wet track would help. Her trainer, Linda Rice, is not particularly known for first-time-starter winners. “The bug,” Ben Hernandez, is in the irons.

10 Nine From Two is, in my opinion, a first-time starter “sleeper”. Scat Daddy-bred first-timers usually do very well. And, the outside may be the place to be. Further, the wet-track breeding is very good. Possible track bias will mean everything to this filly’s chances. Eric Cancel is in the irons for trainer Gary Sciacca.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)