Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 06:47 PM   #75
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I heard Biden just like week blame greedy men like JustRalph for the elevated cost of food. Slimy restauranteurs stealing money from poor people when in reality food prices aren't that bad.

All I know is that in my business, which is 90%+ labor cost, my wages have gone up 34% in three years. It's unsustainable because I'm not getting 34% better employees. Many are still slugs. If I don't pay them that much, then the next guy will. Wage pressure is a big deal in my industry (health care).

I just wish more people in govt actually understood and worked in a business and what it takes to be successful. What an eye opener it is to wear 20 hats a day with about 50 "business partners" reaching into your pocket trying to take some of your cash.
My payroll when I first bought the franchise in 2018 was 32k every two weeks.

Now: just a hair under 45k. We are the highest paid in our company.......but we also have very little turnover now, compared to 2018. I also do car loans etc for tenured employees and have actually paid for a funeral or two. Just last month one of my employees was getting evicted, she is an18 yr old waitress, who lived at home with older parents with no social security because dad is illegal and worked under the table for 30 yrs. Mom is only 60 but actually lost her Mcdonalds job when they automated a local franchise. We found them an apartment, (with help from other employees we networked like crazy) near the restaurant and set them up with what they needed. Hired mom, who has turned out to be an outstanding addition. you have to do more and maintain relationships.

The quality of my employees and the turnover healed some after all the covid money finally ran out.

Last edited by JustRalph; 02-21-2024 at 06:52 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)