Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 03:37 PM   #4
wiretowire68

I do not know if this will help but many races that I have watched, many of times, particularly Brisnet and their pace evaluation in terms Querin Style is loaded with the preverbiel b.s. I know it is based on a previous run style or the run style used to win the race. I have had so many questions and conversations regarding this when it comes to the technicalities of numbers in handicapping and the bottom line is you can over analyse the process of run style, which leads back to my original statement that many times you see a horse run a different style than the style he has shown or predicted. There is a site at HDW data warehouse that Dave Schwartz pointed me to that help me understand the difference between Run Position and Run Style when it comes to pace, so I have learned that the obvious that sprint races and route races dirt vs.turf.

It becomes a difficult task because as handicappers you can only evaluate speed numbers and fractions based on points of call. The question is obviously, final times being compared, the pace, we are not aware of trainers instructions, the horses record, the distances, that is where randomness takes place. Sometimes the obvious shows up, sometimes it doesn't, it becomes a choice in terms all the factors. Bottom line, trust your gut and live with it, and check out the HDW and he adds what he calls a Presser Sustained. which addresses to me the truth in many races if a horse is an early type, that is when the horse takes the lead in stretch, I have found lately in terms of par analysis that besides a horse going wire to wire, this is majority of winners particularly on dirt, Super Sustained or Sustained is when the horse gets that super quicken as I call it, they either quicken or they do not, they are either outmatched or not fit enough.

Oh ya, let us not forget that the little guys who ride these animals do make mistakes in terms of judging their horses speed by knowing how to handle the bridle and the bit... breathing, they all lose and they all win sometimes.. I have finally learned to look at Beaten Lengths and their positioning in terms of negative gains and positive gains in terms of cycle and par speed in terms of averages and look for improvement to come or to decline.

Anyways, his R Pos explanations helped me in terms understanding, I just do not rely on it totally.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.