Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Gamestop
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 01:22 PM   #16
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by usfgeology View Post
Trust me...we aren't. I'm sure some are, but they would be from the bulls, not bears.

We are degenerates, just like on this message board, but play with stocks not horses.

These guys (hedge funds) got caught breaking the rules. They shorted more than 100% of the stock of GME. That's a naked short and illegal. B/C this is what can happen, uncapped loses IF the free market is allowed to play out. Which it wasn't. Wall Street called in their favors and got all of the trading platforms to limit trading for retail investors (i.e. the little guy)...but not the big firms. The little guys were only allowed to SELL, not to buy and HOLD. This effectively capped the upside (screwing us again) and locking in the hedge fund losses (bailing them out again).

Blatant market manipulation on the side of the financial institutions.
Thanks for the reply. Well appreciated.

It just bothered me that the press kept to a single narrative, and then I read that a major hedge fund -- Janet Yellen's sugar daddy, Citadel -- is partially bailing out the Robinhood platform.

I personally would like to see all these hedge fund people go out of business but if they did, the taxpayer will be on the hook for their failure for sure.

Good luck down the road.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom